The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Thursday 25 August 2011

25th Aug - A Chilled Day in Onguday

Finally a relaxed day without packing up and going anywhere!

I woke up with the light as usual but I still felt tired and so I went and paid for a second nights stay in the hotel and then went back to bed again until 11!

You have no idea how much I enjoyed a day of not going anywhere, catching up with friends and family and writing my blog entries. It has to be done sometime. You can't always be on the move.... I think it had been 35 days since I had last woken up and not packed up to move on to the next place that morning (there were a couple of times where I ended up staying in the same town after all but still pack up etc in the morning as that was not the original plan).

I cooked myself some eggs on bread for brunch and managed to singe off my arm hair! The Russian to English instructions said turn the knob 4 times before ignition - it meant 1/4 turn! Big gas ball in my hotel room! Oops...

Later on in the day I then burnt my left hand in boiling water trying to wash my clothes by hand.... In Russia just because a tap says "cold" it does not mean it is.... A day off the bike and I manage to singe the hair off both arms and boil my left hand! Not biking is obviously bad for your health....

I had planned on catching up with my blog entries but by the time I wrote emails, chatted with friends and family online, did some paper work for the UK, washed my clothes, cooked some healthy food and did a bit of shopping in town - it was then 11pm and I was contemplating saying another day in this hotel.... It is expensive for me though at £15 per night (very much more than I have been used to in other countries)! I am camping most of the time though in Russia and so maybe my budget can stretch to another day.... we will see.

I really enjoyed cooking in my room, drinking coffee, relaxing and having a bottle of wine. A really great day off the bike :-)


This is a hotel. Could you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment