The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Monday 17 January 2011

8th Jan - Wellington Museum and Chill

I was not sure whether I was going to head on or not today but when I woke up at 10 I realised that I would really like a chilling day in the same place and offered to babysit tonight and join them on a trip to Wellington today. I spent most of the morning on the internet on my blog and then went with the whole family to the museum in town. They took me on a scenic route to and from town to see Wellington and then for a walk along the harbor.

There was a big >70ft yacht in the bay pottering round.... there were rumors of Tom Cruise.... I tried to thumb a lift but they obviously did not see me :-(

The museum was really good and worth a visit. They have a little bush garden in the middle of it as well as lots of sections on the geology of NZ and history. I really enjoyed the photo exhibition of Brian Brake a famous NZ photographer.

The family kindly bought me ice-cream and we sat and watched the world go by... Not in as much style as these guys with their sofa on the beach....

After a massive dinner (I am still craving food so much as tired), Emma and Joss put the boys to bed and I babysat. It was good to spend some time on the net and call loads of people at home and talk on skype. I really enjoyed catching up but it did mean that I did not get to bed till 1.30. It is so unusual to get an internet connection over the weekend when friends and family are around.

A lovely chilled day - really needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment