The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Wednesday 20 July 2011

18th July - Train from Beijing to Mongolian Boarder

Up at 4.30 to bike to the train station and check in.

I met Dave and Michelle at the bording gate.

Managed to find an ATM inside the station as I did no have any cash for food on the journey.

Lunch with Shaun and Douglas.

Had to take the wheels off my bike to carry it on to the train. Madness

I was not really impressed with the service on the train. There was no information about the fact that the train would stop for 3 hours while they changed the wheels to a different size so that they would fit the Mongolian tracks rather than the Chinese tracks. No one came to tell me in my cabin and I ended up getting locked on the train for 3 hours

I was so desperate for the loo that I ended up having to pee in my water bottle!

First time I had ever traveled first class anywhere :0)














No comments:

Post a Comment