The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Saturday 13 August 2011

6th Aug - Back to Moron


View 6th Aug - Back to Moron.kml in a larger map

Major thunderstorm and so ended up staying in Moron rather than biking further.

It was a gray morning.


Pete borrowed his guides big jacket as it was cold. I am not sure that he would pass as a Mongolian.


Stretching exercises for everyone in the morning.

I decided to go with Pete in his van to South to Moron rather than biking South West across country to met the main road West from Moron. There was a track but there were no settlements for 150km and I did not have very much water. It would have been a problem if I got lost so I decided to stock up in Moron and to try to keep to the main roads (as I would now be traveling on my own). I had already biked this section on the way to the lake and so I did not have a problem with getting a lift for the second time.


I had a huge lunch with Pete in a restaurant in town and we exchanged photos etc. He was a fun guy and I enjoyed his company. In some ways it was a shame that we were going in opposite directions and I could not bike for a couple more days with him (and no luggage - but maybe that would be cheating).

It was interesting that there was chicken on the menu but this was double the price for a meal with lamb or beef. This is because they have to import chickens and they can not keep them in Mongolia - they die in the harsh winters apparently.


After lunch with Pete I paid to use the shower at a local cheap hotel (£3). It was a shame that it was a cold shower as it had broken but it was much better than nothing and I felt good after it. I went round the corner to use the internet for a couple of hours and to update my blog before heading out of town and on my way but a major thunderstorm arrived. By 7 pm it was still raining heavily and I did not feel like going anywhere in that weather and so I checked into the cheap hotel (£10 for rooms with a toilet and shower - £5 for a room with no access to even a loo outside if desperate in the night).

No comments:

Post a Comment