The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Saturday 26 February 2011

18th Feb - Massage and Afternoon Tea


View India To 23rd Feb 2011 in a larger map

Relaxed morning faffing on my blog and with pictures and then went to the Jungle Retreat to meet Johnie's parents and some of their friends for tea and then had a Thai Massage for 2.5 hours. It really was absolutely fantastic and very cheap. My muscles are doing really well with a good rest. I am looking forward to getting back on my bike again now though. I will have to leave the Jungle soon but it has been really relaxing and the company has been awesome.

I had afternoon tea at the Jungle Retreat and looked at the South India Lonely Planet guide which they have available for guests to peruse. The map at the front has the top things to see in the area and it turns out that by accident I have already seen many of the main sites! I did not intentionally go to see the Palace at Mysore or Ooti/the Nigris based on the information in the Lonely Planet but have ended up seeing them anyway during the last week......... :-)

We had a chilled afternoon and cooked a Lamb BBQ for diner. Johnie and me have a very similar taste in music and I have been listening to loads of new groups. It has been very much like a home away from home. I love India so far. It suits me down to the ground. The weather is fantastic, the people friendly and welcoming and the scenery amazing. I love the vibrancy and colours. I have always loved the heat and feel very happy in such a climate. I am not sure if I could ever live here though. Who knows how my feelings might change if you live somewhere rather than passing through?

No comments:

Post a Comment