The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Sunday 22 May 2011

22nd May - Hong Kong Chilled Day

Having had a few crazy days we were going to take it easy today and have a day around the hotel.... did not quiet work out.

The weather was miserable. There were red thunderstorm warning signs everywhere. How exciting :-)




This is the photo of the back of the boat in the area where we were staying! Inside is a shopping arcade.... Very random.




We got up reasonably late and went for brunch at a lovely Chinese restaurant. The food was very good. It was rather strange to see a menu item of marinated intestines and cabbage for brunch...

Chinese food is so different to Indian. You never see pork on a menu in India but it is the main meat in India.




We then wondered round the local computer stores to try and buy 1 TB hard disks. I needed to get them today as I wanted to give Jacob my old external hard disks with copies of all of my photos so that I have a back-up in a different country (in case my hard disk breaks or I get it stolen). We could not find the right size locally and so jumped into a taxi and asked the driver to take us to a large computer shop.

We had no idea where we were going. The taxi driver took us to the best place possible. There where hundreds of computer stores all in one place :-) I found out later that it was the Golden Shopping Arcade in Sham Shui Po. It was great. I managed to get a 1 TB external usb powered hard drive for £57! And it's in pink.... I could spend so much money in there.

I also managed to pick up a screen protector for my phone, a phone charger and power converters for China. Awesome.... We then went for a wonder round the markets and Jacob bought some lovely paintings. A fun shopping afternoon.




Back to the hotel for a Sunday afternoon in. Watched 3 movies and ordered room service and drank a couple of bottles of wine. New York Style Vanilla Cheese Cake :-)

Fantastically decent day. It has been really great to catch up with Jacob.

No comments:

Post a Comment