The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Sunday 29 May 2011

28th May - Last Day in Hong Kong

Two days ago my plan was to leave HK today but I still have some things to do before I can leave civilisation. There was no way I would have stayed out so late if I was actually going to leave today though.

Up at 10 having only had 3 hours sleep. Our room had been booked by someone else and so we had to move. I showered, packed and then checked out. Helen was extremely hungover and felt sick. Bless. We rather slowly carted all of our stuff to a guest house down the road. It was the rooms we had seen yesterday. The rooms are much better quality and slightly more expensive. It turned out that the guy was fuller than he thought and so we had to wait around for about 1 hour looking at different rooms etc by the time we got one.

The room that we got did have windows but there was scaffolding outside and so it was dark inside the room as the green material blocked out the light.

I left Helen to head off to Ocean Park while I went to find some coffee and finish off some things I need to do before I leave HK. I am not sure how easy it will be to get internet access once in China and so I needed to finish off some blog entries, bank stuff, organise VPN and catching up with friends and family. I was rather tired after the night out and I did not manage to do anything very quickly.


I sat in the Irish Pub just outside the hostel and drank many cups of coffee and I decided to treat myself to the first proper roast dinner since I left the UK - with Yorkshire Puddings and everything :-)


I find it so strange wondering round HK that one an little street leading from a major shopping street there can be a posh shop selling coffee and ice-cream and directly opposite a stall selling dodge magazines and vibrators!??

I met Helen when she had returned from Ocean Park and we wondered round town trying to find a cinema with seats available to see the film The Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides in 3D. Eventually we purchased tickets for one of the places but it did not start until 9.30ish. It would mean another late night but both of us really fancied going. Neither had been to the cinema in months.


We bought sweeties and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves watching the ridiculousness that is the Pirates of the Caribbean. Suspending disbelief for a few hours and living in the land of adventures is awesome fun.

It was such a traditional English Sunday: roast dinner, faffing on the internet and then a movie after a late night on Saturday on d' town.

No comments:

Post a Comment