The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Friday 26 November 2010

19th Nov - Chill in Melbourne with Buddies and Dinner at the Yatch Club

Slept till 11 having woken up many times through the night as it was really cold. The air mattress had gone flat and I had a really bad nights sleep. Me, Kim and Mike had a chilled morning and lunch out on the patio. Spent most of the time catching up with Mike as I had not seen him in 6 months and also washing all of my clothes and putting my bike back together again.

Liesel got back from work and we left Mikes at 3 to go and met Russel (an old friend of Liesel's) at 3.30 to talk about his biking trips through India and China. He was a very interesting chap. It was good to find out what I am likely to expect: China will be fine, India I will be bothered and harassed no end - especially in rural India in the middle (where I am for 1 month). I really need to cover up. We had a couple of rounds out in the sun at a chilled Melbourne bar and then got the tram to the city about 6ish. The tram network in melbourne is really cool.





We went to the Royal Melbourne Yatch Club to meet Linda (the Vise Commodor and an old friend of Mike's). We had a lovely meal. Linda said that if I came down to the club tomorrow for 11.30 that I could get on a boat for the days racing! Awesome. I am missing sailing.
Headed back on the tram for about 11.30 - lovely chilled day. Good to see old friends and chill in Melbourne.

1 comment: