The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Friday 26 November 2010

22nd Nov - Wander Round Melbourne with Mike and Kim


We took our time in the morning and then headed out at 10 to Smith Street. This is an area in Melbourne which has all of the factory outlet stores. I needed some clothes and so headed there to get some icebreaker t-shirts. I had bought one of these in Sydney and found it invaluable over the last few weeks. They do not smell like cotton and wash and dry really easily. They are also stain resistant and perfect for traveling. My cotton tops now have holes in and are rubbish and so I threw those out. It has been really interesting to work out which equipment works and what does not. I also bought a new pair of short as my old ones are falling off me (lost weight with just eating porridge and banana sandwiches and doing loads of exercise).

Kim and Mike had coffee while I shopped and we all then headed on the tram to downtown Melbourne for a wander round. It was very strange seeing all of the Christmas decorations when wandering round in 31C! It is wrong! They should have Christmas in June or July instead.




Melbourne is a very big city but has a lot of character. The architecture is really interesting. We walked round the shops and then had lunch by the river in the Federation Square.
I went to the tourist information place and I not have my route to Sydney planned :-) Over the great Dividing Range and to climb Australia's highest mountain.


Kim and Mike headed back mid afternoon and I continued my wander round and shop and amazingly managed to get on and off enough trams going in the right direction to get back to Mikes for tea time. Had dinner with everyone. Mike and Liesel are being lovely hosts and cooks and tour guides for me and Kim.



Mike took Kim back to the airport and I stayed and chatted with Liesel. I have had a great time traveling with Kim. It does not right to think that I will not meet up with her again on this journey. Thanks Kim for being lovely and so much fun X.

1 comment: