The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Friday 26 November 2010

21st Nov - Road trip to Hanging Rock and Winaries (North West of Melbourne)













Relaxed morning and we all (me, Mike, Liesel and Kim) then headed out of Melbourne in Mike's car towards Hanging Rock. The area is really beautiful - rolling hills with forests and fields. It really reminded me of England - with the exception of the vineyards!




It was a warm day - like a British summer - not like I have been used to over the last few weeks. It was about 1 hours drive to Hanging Rock. We did the short walk up to the top and climbed a few of the bolders (even though the signs suggest not to - it could not be helped). The others then went for a picnic while I went for a 10km run round the hill a couple of times.





I then met the others and we sat and fed the birds! You don't find birds like this in the UK!









We then went on a tour of a few winaries. As it was only me and Kim drinking Liesel and Mike where very kind waiting..... I have yet to have a bad bottle of wine in Aus. However, I have had many bottles of Australian wine in the UK that have been really bad - they must export the rubbish!


We got back early evening time and had lovely home cooked pizza, kangaroo steaks (my idea) and a bottle of wine. Another great day catching up with my buddies. It is great to be on the other side of the world but spend time with people that you care about. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment