The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Tuesday 23 November 2010

18th Nov - Fly from Alice Springs to Melbourne

Woke up at 6ish with the light - so used to getting up early now. I am tired but I could not get back to sleep. Up at 7.30 and packed up etc. Cooked beans and eggs on toast for me and Kim.
To the airport for about 9.30 and packed up bike etc. I had to wait for 30mins to load bike in at over-sized baggage and then I was not allowed through security with my bike locks in hand luggage (even though I have been allowed on every other flight!) so I had to go back and check these in. I only just managed to get through security to board on the final call for the flight. This is a pattern now - it takes at least 2 hours to get me, my bike and all my kit through check in and security....

Flight was at 11.15 and I arrived in Melbourne at 15.30. Mike (a good friend from Oxford who has now moved to Australia) picked us up at 4ish. I forgot to go to Qantas about my broken bag so I will have to try and find the part in Melbourne. We went back to Mikes house and chatted and pottered for a bit. Liesel (Mike's wife) got back about 5. We decided to go out for a Vietnamese rather than eating in. The meal was good. Good chat when we got back.

Melbourne had a very different feel to it to Sydney - which I can't quite describe. The houses are mostly long and thin. It feels more cultured than Sydney. The architecture is older.
It is really cold here in comparison to where I have been for the last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment