The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Wednesday 14 September 2011

12th Sept - Forest in Estonia to Tartu

I am absolutely shocked at how similar Estonia is to the UK - including the rubbish Autumn weather....

I will fill in the details later.


I had smoked fish for lunch. :-)


It started rain from about 3 and by the time I arrived in Tartu just after 5 I was covered in mud and cold and absolutely soaked. I took me a little while to find the house of the people I was staying with from Warmshowers as I don't have an Estonian Sim card and so needed to find somewhere with free-wifi to check the map and GPS signal. The difficult part was that it needed to be somewhere out of the rain so that my phone did not get wet!


It was really nice to arrive somewhere and have a very warm reception and then to have a hot shower, change my clothes and have a cup of tea. Like many people in Estonia their English was perfect. Karoline is an English teacher and Peeter is a phd student at the local university.



I had a really lovely evening with Peeter and Karoline from Warm Showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment