The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Saturday 3 September 2011

1st Sept - Novosibirsk to Middle of Siberia on Train

I was awake at 5.30 when they turned the lights on so everyone would be awake, ready and packed to leave the train when it arrived at 7. I had forgotten that I had not changed the time on my GPS tracker to Russian time and that it was 1 hour ahead and so I panicked to get ready only to realise later that I could have spent an extra 30 mins in bed.


The weather was miserable in Novsibirsk and I was very glad to be getting on a train and not cycling. I had a sore throat and felt pretty ill.

Novosibirsk was much bigger and city like than I thought it would be based on other Siberian cities. The people were very unfriendly.


Once again I was very grateful to Clement who kindly waited with my things on the platform while I made the 4 trips on and off the train to get all of my things and my bike. He showed me the way out of the station and helped me up the stairs with my bike and then bought a ticket for my bike. It would have all been very difficult without a Russian speaker to help and I would have panicked for the 1 hour until I was on the train.

As it was I still got on the train all hot and sweaty and covered in oil - yet again.


Like yesterday I was traveling 3rd class in the open plan carriage. Each area has 6 beds. I could put my bike on the top luggage rack with the wheels off. People where very helpful while I was loading my bike and all of my luggage.


The train stopped every 4 hours or so for about 30 mins to allow time fore new passengers to embark and for everyone to get some fresh air and buy some food.



I spend most of the day on the train faffing with my blog entries and photos. I tried to sleep but as my bed was right by the door to the smoking room, the door slamming every 5 minutes was not very conducive to sleep....

1 comment:

  1. Хорошая информация здесь, я хотел бы поделиться с вами своим опытом получения ссуды для расширения моего швейного бизнеса здесь, в Малайзии. Это было действительно тяжело для моего бизнеса из-за моей небольшой кратковременной болезни, тогда, когда я выздоровел, мне понадобился фонд, чтобы снова создать его, чтобы начать работу, поэтому я наткнулся на г-на Бенджамина, консультанта по кредитам в Службе финансирования. Он спросил меня моего бизнес-проекта, и я сказал ему, что у меня уже есть One, и мне просто нужна ссуда в размере 200 000,00 долларов США, он дал мне форму для заполнения, и я сделал также, он спросил меня о моем действующем удостоверении личности через несколько дней. Они сделали перевод, и моя ссуда была предоставлена. Я действительно хочу поблагодарить их за усилия, а также постараюсь передать это всем, кто ищет бизнес-ссуды или другие финансовые вопросы. Свяжитесь с господином Бенджамином. Электронная почта: 247officedept@gmail.com. Он также доступен в WhatsApp Contact: + 1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete