The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Thursday 8 September 2011

5th Sept - 4 hours Trying (and failing) to Register Russian Visa

I really did not feel great today with a bad cold and just generally needing a break from moving on every day to a new place. Asida said I was very welcome to stay longer and so I just wanted to relax for the day. I had a chilled morning eating a proper breakfast and faffing on the internet looking for computers for when I get back to the UK. My traveling machine does not have enough power to view videos let alone edit them!


We went out at 11 to the post office to register my visa (10 mins walk from the house). It turned out that the lady we needed to speak to was no in until 12 so we walked back and Asida made an awesome lunch. I am really enjoying eating lovely food again - rather than just food for calories!

We went back to the Post office at 1:05 to find out that it was shut until 2 for lunch and so walked to the nearest large supermarket to buy some fresh fruit and veg and a bottle of wine for the evening. By the time we had done that and walked back to the Post Office we then found out that they could not register me at the Post Office because my last registration was on the 24th of Aug and I would have to go to the Police Station! Arrggg. Asida did not have time this afternoon and so we gave up for the day. It was a Russian holiday day anyway!



I know it was only a small thing to have to do today but it seemed like such a big deal when all I wanted to do today was hide under my duvet. The idea of getting back on my bike and cycling through Europe in the Autumn is really daunting right now. I was feeling ill and run down and everything gets out of perspective when you feel like that. Very much unlike me. I normally have loads of energy.

I had a relaxed late afternoon talking to friends on skype. It was really lovely to have a place to stay were I felt comfortable to chill and be myself. Asida and Dima are very nice people.

Asida was out in the evening and I thought that Dima would be in but it turned out that he was also out and about. I watched a film for the first time in ages. I was feeling too tired and ill even to catch up on my blog :-(


No comments:

Post a Comment