The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Friday 30 September 2011

28th Sept - Torun to Forest

I had a lovely relaxed breakfast with Peter and Katherine. I then spent sometime catching up on my blog and sending out Couch Surfing and Warm Showers request. I thought that I had somewhere to stay tonight with CS and that was only 100km away according to google and so I was in no hurry.


Peter very kindly joined me for the first 15-20km. He took me on a bike route that was not on my map and not on google maps. It was a lovely ride through the forest with very little traffic. The most direct route was on a really busy road and so I was very happy to go the other way. Taking this route and other bike routes along the way added about 20km to the route over all in comparison to the most direct route. Again it was a lovely sunny day and the route was flat. I past through some great little villages.


I really enjoyed my sandwiches today which Katherine had made for me to take. I had a packed lunch box :-)



Poland is a strongly Catholic country and there are these statues in every village and loads of crosses on the side of the road. I got bored taking photos of them after a while.


About 5 I contacted the Couch Surfer to find out the exact address. Unfortunately, when they sent me the address it turned out that their couch surfing profile was out of date and they actually lived in a different town 60km away. It meant that there was no way I could make it without biking for a long time in the dark so I carried on for a while until dusk. I did not get as far as the town where I thought the couch surfer was as I had to stop earlier to have enough time to find somewhere to camp and put up my tent.


It took me a while to find a suitable forest where there was enough coverage from the road but I managed to put my tent up before it got too dark to see.


Instant noodles for dinner. I was worried that people might be able to see the light from my laptop from the road even though my tent was definitely hidden and so I could not do any blog stuff and just had an early night.


No comments:

Post a Comment