The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Friday 10 December 2010

11th Dec - Bike ride around Christchurch and Picnic

Up at 8. Beautiful sunny day with bright blue skies. I put my bike back together again and we left after 10 to go and meet Neil, a cycling friend of Stuart's. The boys took me on a great ride Up the hills at the back of Christchurch and then round to Sumner beach and back to Christchurch. It was a easy but hilly 50km.

Great views from the top over Christchurch.







Sumner Beach








The Penguin Bus!








The trams in Christchurch











We wandered through Christchurch and I did some shopping for food and gas etc for the next leg of my trip.









There is still lots of evidence of the earth quake in September!

I still find it strange to have Christmas in the SUMMER.















Picnic on the beach in the evening with Sarah and Stuart.

Thanks so much to Stuart for showing me round Christchurch and putting me up for 3 nights. Hope you follow your dreams and go on a bike tour again :-)


1 comment: