The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Sunday 5 December 2010

25th Nov - Bike from South Drouin to Stratford

A reasonably long day biking today (150km) and so tried to set off early. I ended up chatting with Jon over breakfast for a while and then getting on the road at 10. I am carrying alot of weight and so it is slow going. It was hilly for the first 50km and then flat for the rest. The countryside reminded me of the UK. Rolling green hills. So did the damp weather. I got soaked for the first couple of hours and then it was just cloudy. Very different temperature to Darwin. I stopped of in Moe for lunch of banana sandwich. The route was good as there is an old highway which runs parallel to the new highway.

I arrived at Stratford at 6.30 to meet Kim and Lu. We had a really lovely evening. They cooked a fab meal and we chatted and drank wine. They invited me to stay tomorrow and see the area and do my washing and blog etc. They are really lovely people and I enjoyed their company so I decided to do so.

It was my first Warm Showers experience (like couch surfing but for cyclists which are touring)! I have now realised how lovely it is to meet people with the same interests who do not think that you are a freek (well much anyway). Lu has toured Aus and England for a year and Kim has toured parts of Aus.

1 comment: