The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Friday 10 December 2010

8th Dec - Wollongong to Sydney

AWESOME Last Day in AUSTRALIA!
Up at 8 to get everything ready. Kieran's mum made me the most awesome pancakes ever - buttermilk.

I biked down to the South beach to the light house for a photographer to take pictures for the newspaper article. It took about 30mins and then we went surfing :-)

It was awesome fun but the waves were very strong and it was difficult to get far enough out to then catch a wave. It was great of Kieran to take me :-) Thanks


I left Wollongong about 11.30 and called ahead to some people in Sydney to arrange plans for the evening. There was an extremely strong headwind and it was very hilly through the national park to Sydney but absolutely beautiful. I was not expecting the ride from Wollongong to Sydney to be anywhere near as fantastic.


The route goes along the coast and up the cliffs to some great views along the coast.






Love biking because you get to see so much - check out the surf board post box.














Stopped off for lunch at the entrance to the Royal National Park and this lovely man gave me a free sorbet!







I took a detour to "Waterfall". It turned out that there was a small pretty waterfall on the way but the signs for "Waterfall" where for an actual town called Waterfall! It was a rather long detour!




Long ride - but beautiful forested mountains



The ride to Sydney was much longer than some people had suggested (110km rather than 90km) and so I did not get to Sydney till 7 to met my friend Dan (lives in Sydney) and pick up his flat keys (he has a work do tonight and so could not entertain).


As Dan was busy I went out with with Guy and his sister Peta. It was perfect timing! I had met Guy when I was biking from Sydney to Brisbane and he was walking from Brisbane to Melbourne. We met on the way and finished our trips at the same time. :-)


Awesome drunken evening celebrating the end of your trips in Aus. Really lovely people. Also met Joshua after too many drinks.....



Ended up chatting with Dan till 4. Up at 5.30 to bike to the airport to catch a flight to Christchurch....... A great end to a fab trip round Aus :-)

1 comment: