The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Thursday 9 December 2010

3rd Dec - Jinberbyne to Michealago

Up at 6 when Del gets up for work but then back to sleep as I have not been getting much sleep over the last few nights. Started packing up tent etc at 9 and then on the road for 10 after breakfast and shower. I had to go back into Jinderbyne as I needed new break pads - if I am to be able to stop at all going down hill! I have also broken my sun glasses and needed a new pair for biking. Spent a while in the bike shop chatting to the owner and a customer and working out what to get and then also getting some supplies and then headed off at 11.30.

I had wanted to get on the road eariler as I am staying 125km up the road at a place between Bredbo and Michelago and it is a hilly ride there. It was a lovely ride but into a strong head wind all of the way - and hilly too (nothing like the last 3 days though). The main highway was quieter than I thought it would be and there was a good hard shoulder. I was hoping to be there for 6.30-7 but only managed it for about 7.30. I is always good to know that you have somewhere to go at the end of the day riding on your own where there are friendly welcoming people and a warm shower and proper food.


Peter, whom I was staying with tonight, is another person from Warm Showers. I have found that there are more people on Warm Showers in the rural areas than are on Couch Surfing. It is good to stay with fellow cycling enthuisats becuase they really get it! He lives in a beautiful house in the mountains with 110 acrers of land and horses and everthing! It was great pushing my bike up the dirt road track too his house to be greated my him and his son in proper Aussy hats and cowboy boots. Peter cycled round Australia for charity a couple of years ago.

Peter and his son Rohan were really welcoming and lovely people. I really enjoyed watching Peter's video of the trip that he did with is friend. It was strange to see the places that I have biked through on his route as well :-) We had a great meal of vietmanese chicken salad - lovely veg :-)

1 comment: