The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Wednesday 29 December 2010

25th Dec - Christmas Day in Arrowtown

Up at 7 with all of the noise from the children. It was so lovely to see them all getting really excited opening the presents. It was crazy with so much noise as they all opened them at once. I enjoyed just watching and taking photos.

Kath had very kindly got me a necklace for Christmas. I also had a couple of other parcels: parts for my pannier which had broken and bank cards from my sister. My passport had arrived with my visa for Nepal :-) One down many more to go......

It was a slow morning. The kids were very happy with all of their presents and enjoyed playing with them all. Me, James and Allan took the children for a walk to the play ground and climbing area around midday. The facilities are awesome! There are loads of different parts of an assault course and I had to have a go with the kids.

We had some ham and salad for lunch and then I went for a nap (as I have not had much sleep over the last few days). In the afternoon I went for a run up the hill at the back of the town. There are great views from the top. It was good to give my legs a stretch and I had a little smirk to myself as I ran past a couple of men trying to bike to the top on mountain bikes. On the top I took some videos to send to friends and family to say happy Christmas.

We had a great Christmas dinner and I ate and drank too much :-) It was lovely to sing some carols with the family and play some silly games. It was a perfect family Christmas day - but it did make me miss my family and friends very much. I stayed up late trying to call my family and catch up. It was great to speak to everyone.
I thoroughly enjoyed being the official photographer and was happy that I could repay the family in some small way for their generosity and making me feel so welcome.

1 comment: