The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Sunday 5 December 2010

27th Nov - Day on boat in Paynesville

Really fun day with Kim and Lu. I woke up really early and did some stuff on my laptop and then we all had breakfast about 9.30. Chilled morning getting ready. I was not sure whether I was going back with them tonight or heading onwards and so I packed up all of my stuff and put my bike in their car.



Kim found a Cicada that the dogs had been trying to eat and bought it in to show me. It was huge! I know know what it is that makes that funky noise.....





Kim and Lu did their civic duty and voted in the morning. Australian democracy in action!







The morning was sunny but by the time we got out on the boat on the Lakes by Paynesville a massive storm was coming in so we stayed close inland. The storm never really arrived other than a bit of wind and a couple of light showers :-)









Kim and me fished while Lu read the paper. It was a very chilled afternoon. I did not have much luck with the fishing for hours. I did manage to get many bites but then could not manage to get them into the boat. I did get very good at catching muscles though!


Just as I was giving up and we were about to go back I caught my first fish! That was it decided that I would go back with them to Stratford and cook the fish and then head off tomorrow.




On the way home Kim spotted an Echidna on the side of the road. We stopped and as we went to look it dug in. Kim (an animal lover) really wanted me to see it as I had not seen one before and so tried to dig it out. It was having none of it!!! Very funny. We left it alone again after a few minutes as we did not want to scare it. :-)




Kim called a cycling friend, Peter, and arranged some where for me to stay tomorrow :-)

I spent the evening eating the lovely curry that Kim cooked (and the fish) and fixing computer things for Lu. Great day.







1 comment: