The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Tuesday 22 March 2011

20th March - Patnam Beach



Woke up around 8 and went for a walk along the beach and then for a relaxed breakfast at the restuarant in front of where I am staying. All of my memories from staying here 2 years ago came flooding back. It is in my opinion the most beautiful beach in Goa! The trees come all the way up to the beach and there are lovely restaurants and bars right on the beach.

I met a German lady called Kathrin at breakfast and we agreed to meet for dinner. She is also traveling on her own for this week and it will be great to have some company. I have not spent much quality time with people who speak English well since I left Tamil Nadu.

After breakfast I also met up with Harry and Mahesh who work at one of the restaurants. I was sick last last time I was in Goa 2 years ago and had been lovely and really looked after me. I was not expecting them to be here again this year as the last email I had recieved from Harry said that he was working elsewhere. It was great to catch up with them. I had tried to teach Harry to swim 2 years ago and although he will still only go in to where he can touch the bottom he can actually swim properly now :-)

I spent several hours until about 3 on the internet and booking trains and routes to the North. I am planning on meeting up with Alan (a friend of Miranda's) in North India and biking with him to Agra and possibly Varanessi. It was good to get up to date with my blog and photos again.







I spent the rest of the afternoon sunbathing and reading a book. How very civilised. I then had a lovely evening with Kathrin. We ordered fish and salad and shared the plate and also shared a bottle of wine. As I had not had any lunch and only had a light diner the very sweet white wine went straight to my head and me and Kathrin had a very giggly evening. We talked very openly about life and relationships. Sometimes it is much easier to talk about such things with complete strangers. A good old fashioned girly drunken chat.

After they had finished work Harry and Mahesh joined us and we ended up drinking till 2ish. A very fun day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment