The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Tuesday 22 March 2011

21st March - Patnam Beach Chill Day


Quote of the day: "When you feel bad.... just hop"!

I was up about 9 having had a late night last night. I phoned up to find out about my laptop screen and they told me that it has not yet arrived in Panaji (may arrive later this afternoon) so decided to stay another day on Patnam beach and go North tomorrow instead. Patnum is such a beautiful beach and as the season is coming to an end it is lovely and quiet. There are so many great restaurants to choose from and it makes a fab place to chill.

I had a relaxed breakfast of fruit and museil and coffee and read some of my book. I met Kathrin again and we planned to met for diner again. I went for a long swim and then lay in the sun and finished a great book called "The God of Small Things". It is by an Indian author and is based in India. A challenging but superb read. Very insightful about Indian culture.

As the sun was setting I went for a 10km run on the beach. It was fun as another guy was running in the opposite direction to me and we kept on passing each other on our laps of the bay. Each time I would try and fail to do the same speed as him and pass him at the same point but each time he would gain on me and we shouted banter at each other every time. We finished running at the ame time and went for a swim.

As I was leaving the sea to head back and get showered and changed for diner an Italian lady in her 60s shouted me over to her. She had lost her shawl in the water and was uncomfortable walking back to her accommodation just in her costume so asked if I could go and get her some clothes and she would return them to me tonight. I did as she requested and lent her one of my Indian tops which I regularly wear. Unfortunately, she did not return it that evening and I ended up having to leave early the following morning so did not see it again :-(

I had another lovely dinner with the Kathrin. This time it was rather less boozy and more well behaved. We had Thai food - well an Indian version of Thai food..... a shame as I was really looking forward to a Thai red or green curry but what we got was a sweet something.....

Had an earlier night as I have to get going early tomorrow. It turns out that the person who will fix my laptop has to leave the office about 1 or 2 tomorrow and so I now have to rush to cover the 100km to get there in the morning.

A lovely chilled day off the bike :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment