The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Monday 28 March 2011

25th March - Middle of Nowhere to Malvan and then Talere

I have always wanted a convertible... How about a convertible Rickshaw?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7


I will fill in the details later:

Notes

On road early.

Took ages to get to Malvan even though only 30km - due to the hills and road conditions. Great riding though.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7


Malvan is lovely little town on the coast with very narrow roads and loads of fishing boats. I would have liked to stay longer.

Had an apple juice at juice bar and was going to leave town but decided on an early lunch instead as they had a local dish advertised and I fancied trying it. Ended up talking for an hour or so to a lovely old man. A keen cyclist and maths teacher. He really wanted me to stay and meet his wife and have dinner with them tonight. I would have loved too but I was aware that I am running behind plan to catch my train north on the 3rd. He strongly suggested that I changed my plan regarding my route. I took his advice because of the road conditions and lack of lodges along the very rural coast line. He very kindly bought me lunch :-)

After meeting his son, daughter in-law and grandson, I headed inland to the highway. The road conditions were better but still not great and it was hilly and slow going but there was not very much traffic so I was happy :-)

Found an ok lodge in Telere just as the sun was going down.

No comments:

Post a Comment