The Route

The Route
It is a very long way.....

Tuesday 8 March 2011

6th March - Crickounders, Spoke and Temple

Very fun day. The atmosphere has completely changed here with 5 girls and Johnie.... We had a great breakfast - Johnie had been up early and made fresh bread and pain au chocolat. We had many cups of coffee and nattered over a leisurely breakfast.

Johnie's Harem decided to play a game of rounders but we did not have enough people and so we made up a game which was a mixture between rounders and cricket - of course called Crickounders! I really can't be bothered to explain the rules but needless to say I would put money on the fact that it was the best game ever invented in India on the 6th of March! As usual I was stupidly competitive but had a good challenge from Sophie..... We played for several hours with a break in the middle to get some drinks.

We all piled into Johnie's car and drove to Masinagudi. I went to the bike shop to get some spokes for my bike so that I can finally leave here with a working bike. The spokes they had in the shop where too long so we needed to file them shorter. It worked though. All of the components on my bike are now working and I can LEAVE!

We all went for a swim at Johnie's parents for a couple of hours. The temperature is getting hotter as summer is setting in..... I love the heat! I did a few hundred lengths again and Johnie's dad shortened another couple of spokes for me so that I have some for spares.

The others had a wander round town and did some shopping and we went for a visit to the local Temple to watch the sunset. It was very pretty. I am going to miss this place a lot!

A fun evening drinking and eating steak and veg bake. Lots of banter, music and chat.


No comments:

Post a Comment